What does melatonin do with your sleep
Sleep is the necessary habit to maintain healthy body. Sleep is important as much as food has. We think how sleep cycles are happening to us? This is done by the melatonin hormone produced in our brain by the pineal gland. The pineal gland is a small endocrine gland being in the middle of our brain. It produces the melatonin hormone by SCN (suprachiasmatic nucleus).
Melatonin carries over the cycle of sleep and wakefulness. Melatonin hormone is regulated by the circadian rhythm which is said as an internal clock and makes the feelings to sleep-wake from us.
Melatonin hormone secretes more in the darkness that's why we start to get sleep feel from mid-evening to night than the morning. Exposure of light enters through the eye retina and makes pineal gland to produce melatonin hormone and also a neurotransmitter called serotonin which processed to produce melatonin.
- Melatonin herbal supplements are prepared by the valerian plant extract; it is the flowering plant. It is used as melatonin pills, melatonin powder. So we can melatonin as natural sleep aid melatonin and herb for insomnia.
Who are the most affected?
- (Shift work) people who are working in night shift their daily sleeping routine will be changed so they would have delayed sleep phase syndrome, difficult to fall asleep. So the internal clock cycle would change to cause insomnia.
Benefits of melatonin- Make you sleep better than before:
Melatonin Sleep Disorders:
- Mostly, blind people have sleeping disorders problems because they cannot perceive light. Melatonin has taken the responsibility to make you sleep and reset the sleep-wake cycle properly. Melatonin supplements can help to sleep well and get away from sleeping disorder
Melatonin- Use for Delay sleep phase syndrome:
- Delay sleep phase syndrome has taking time to fall asleep. Normally, children have felt this syndrome like wave eyes without deep sleep. Melatonin supplements can solve these problems; researchers suggest that melatonin supplements have regulated the internal clock circadian rhythm and its best medicine for insomnia.
Melatonin- Use for Jet lag:
- Jet lag is a sleeping problem after have come from a travel trip. Because our internal clock regulation get disrupted during travel time. Take 0.5 mg before going to travel or after come from travel trip to get deep sleep and reduce the anxiety, tired.
Melatonin for children and adults:
- Children who are having Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorders (ASD) can have melatonin supplements. Studies show that melatonin for kids used to reduce the time to fall asleep. It will show the improvement in the children sleep.
Additional melatonin benefits:
Researchers have done research based on the other benefits of melatonin for human health. It does not have any solid proof of these health benefits but studies shown that melatonin has the power to cure more health problems like,
Melatonin- Cancer cures:
According to some proven Researchers, melatonin has antioxidant, anticancer property to reduce cancer promoting cells in the body. Take natural melatonin supplements with cancer treatment to get the improvement in health.
Melatonin- Menopause and endometriosis problem:
- Melatonin has also used as a medicine for menopause and perimenopause problems. The melatonin supplements can induce the function of obituary gland functions which regulate and maintain the activities of cells.
- It will manage insomnia is the symptom of menopause, perimenopause problem so it helps to regulate the sleep cycles and used for endometriosis (abnormal tissue growth) in outside uterus. A best melatonin supplements has reduced the pain of uterus when periods, intercourse.
Melatonin- Reduce High blood pressure:
- Melatonin has the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory property so it can reduce the high blood pressure and high cholesterol level. It keeps our heart health more strong. Buy melatonin supplements and take as a medicine for high blood pressure to avoid heart problems.
- Melatonin’s antioxidant property helps to strengthen the immune system. Studies show that melatonin's anti-inflammatory property has increases the immune response in the body when bacteria enter into the body so it protects from bacteria affect to the body.
- Melatonin has induced the cortisol the stress hormone which used to maintain the stress. Melatonin supplements used to avoid the anxiety symptoms like fatigue, tiredness and help to stimulate the brain function.
Melatonin pills dosages:
- Infants should take 0.5mg to 1 mg melatonin supplements even though melatonin supplements are safe for kids, you should ask your paediatrician to give the melatonin supplements.
- Melatonin dosage of 3mg to 6 mg for children who are taking a long time to fall asleep
- Above 20 age peoples can have 5mg to 10mg. Keep it in mind, you should take melatonin supplements only before 30 minutes of bedtime.
Bottom line: Melatonin supplements are a natural way to manage insomnia and many other health benefits as shown so take melatonin supplements for overall being especially for insomnia.