Proven health benefits of vitamin D
Vitamin D is also known as the sunshine vitamin. It dissolves the fat from our body and we can take it through our food and supplements or when absorption of sunlight by the skin.
Vitamin D plays a major role to maintain a bone health and stronger muscle with the combined form of vitamin K2 and calcium which also regulates blood pressure, immune function and cell growth and induces insulin levels.
It prevents cancer and other chronic diseases such as autoimmune disorders, cardiovascular disease.
Vitamin D Maintain Bone Health:
- Vitamin D maintains calcium and phosphorus balance in the body.
- It boosts calcium and phosphorus absorption from the intestine; it sends the group of calcium to the bone tissues.
- It decreases the parathyroid hormone and decreases the bone degeneration and increase the bone mass.
- Vitamin D is necessary for our bone density.
Vitamin D Prevents Osteoporosis and Fractures
- Low blood levels of vitamin D causes lower bone mineral density and increased the risk of bone loss or fractures in postmenopausal women and older men.
- Vitamin D helps to overcome osteoporosis, with the combined supplement of vitamin K2 and calcium.
- Daily intake of 2000 IU can help to treat Osteoporosis and Fractures.
- Studies show that vitamin D supplementation has increased bone mineral density and women who take vitamin D3 and calcium combined supplements get to recover from hip fractures too.
Vitamin D protects from cancer
- Vitamin D can encourage the healthy cells in the body and used to destroy cancer-promoting cells, vitamin D can strengthen the bones too. Research based on vitamin D says that deficiency of vitamin with lack of immunity power may also a reason for cancer.
- Vitamin D can treat as a natural ailment for Breast Cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer. Additionally vitamin D and calcium supplements stronger the bone, increase the immune power.
Vitamin D helps for depression:
- Deficiency of vitamin D was associated with a more than 10% increase in the prevalence of depression.
- Vitamin d Supplements may reduce depressive symptoms and improve physical activities in patients with depression
- Also, some studies showed that supplementation of this vitamin improved depressive symptoms. Vitamin D can cure the postmenopausal symptoms of depression
Vitamin D for memory function:
- Vitamin D stimulates immune cells to break down the amyloid-? protein in the brain which cause Alzheimer’s disease
- The lower level of vitamin D less than 50 nmol/L were associated with a higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. So intake of vitamin D supplements to our body increase the vitamin D level in the blood used to reduce Alzheimer’s disease.
Vitamin D for cardiovascular disease
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease like hypertension, heart attack, peripheral arterial disease, and stroke.
- Vitamin D receptor and 1?-hydroxylase are present in heart and blood vessels play a vital role in cardiovascular disease.
- The lack vitamin D in the blood vessels causes blood vessel dysfunction and cardiovascular disease.