Premenstrual Syndrome: Use Saffron To Prevent Menstrual Cramps During Periods
Saffron is one of the most expensive spices in the world, that is usually why it's used meagerly. While it may be expensive, it is considered priceless in Ayurveda; thanks to its potent abilities of boosting overall health. But what most of could haven't identified is that the indisputable fact that saffron, conjointly called kesar, is claimed to alleviate emission cramps during times. The anti-inflammatory drug properties of kesar are therapeutic in nature and once consumed in the right amount, saffron is also a wonderful herbal remedy for women.We tell you the way saffron play a crucial role in preventing pain and cramps during times and the way to use it.
According to the book, 'Healing Spices' a report published in the Journal of Midwifey and Women's Health, researchers studied 180 women, aged 18 to 27 years, who suffered from menstrual cramps, dividing them into three groups.
For three emission periods, one cluster received a daily seasoning remedy containing five hundred milligrams of saffron, another cluster received a hormone drugs and also the third cluster received a placebo.
Both the teams taking saffron and non-steroidal drugs had a major reduction within the intensity and length of pain throughout the periods as compared to 3rd cluster taking placebo.
Another study: A global Journal of medical specialty and medical specialty instructed that saffron tried to be effective in relieving the symptoms of PMS.
Thanks to its analgesic and medicinal drug properties, saffron is used to stimulate menstruation or ease the blood flow, work against spasms, and relieve pain and irritability.
Menstrual Cramps: saffron is used to stimulate menstruation
How To Use Saffron To Prevent Menstrual Cramps?
- Boil a cup of milk and add a teaspoon of pulverized saffron.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about two minutes.
- You could conjointly add some honey for a tasty and soothing tea.
- Drink this tea within the morning or in the dead of night before going off to sleep.
- Another remedy is to take a thin strand off saffron and break in even smaller pieces.
- Mix it with honey and consume it with heat water.
- To see effective results, you can start using this remedy three days prior to your menstrual cycles and continue till the bleeding lasts.
Word of caution
Make sure you are not consuming saffron in large amounts. Just a strand per day is enough.
Consult a doctor if you're a fresh mother.
Also, use this remedy throughout winters as saffron tends to provide heat within the body and will not fit your body throughout summers.