Calcium Rich Foods To Increase Bone Calcium
Calcium is essential for the human body to stay healthy. It plays an important role in strengthening bones and teeth. It is not only for strong bone and also controls muscle and nerve functions as well as regulate acid and base balance in the blood. 99 % of calcium stored in teeth and bones in our body, the other 1 percent stores in blood, muscles, other body tissues.
Vitamin D is used to absorb the calcium so it is must to eat vitamin D rich foods. It is important to intake calcium at all ages. Calcium deficiency disease is called Hypocalcemia. Here are some bone strengthening and calcium-rich foods for bones
Causes of calcium deficiency:
Not taking of calcium over a long period of time.
Avoiding calcium due to diet plans.
Medical prescription of drugs may reduce the absorption of calcium.
Symptoms of calcium deficiency:
Muscle cramps in legs.
Osteoporosis is a disease which causes easy fracturing of bones due to lack of optimum level of calcium or when bone density decrease.
Confusion, hallucinations, depression.
The easy fracturing of bones.
Weak and brittle nails.
Daily calcium requirement differs in ages of human:
The woman below 50 age-1000mg daily.
The woman above 70 age-1200mg daily.
Men below 50 age-1000mg daily.
Men above 70 age-1200mg daily.
Natural Calcium-rich foods:
Soybeans, Soy milk(nonfat)or(unsweetened)are rich sources of calcium which comes under the calcium-rich foods list. One cup of cooked soybeans equal to 175mg of calcium which is used in Tofu which helps to stay fit. You can add soybeans to your daily routine food would help to increase the calcium levels.
Almonds carry rich protein and calcium in it.100 grams of almonds gives 264 milligrams of calcium. You can add some almonds crunchy nuts into the salads or oatmeals in your breakfast which provides you lot of nutritional value and of course calcium or add almonds with a glass of milk to increase the infusion of daily calcium.
Spinach is a very good source of natural calcium. You can have spinach by curries, soups or add in pasta to increase bone calcium. A cup of spinach gives 250 milligrams of calcium.
Broccoli is not the only source of calcium also maintain your body weight and one of the calcium-rich vegetables. 156 gram of broccoli contains 63 milligrams of calcium.
Green snap beans:
Green snap beans can have in the form of soups or boiled food.125 gram of green snap beans generate 54 milligrams of calcium.
Sardines and Crabs:
Crabs and fish are good sources of calcium. One cup of crabs contains 123 milligrams of calcium. You can make fish fry or curry which is really yummy to have and also gives calcium.
Calcium-rich Fruits and dry fruits:
We all maybe don't know orange has a high source of calcium. One orange contain 40mg of calcium which also contains vitamin C helps to increase bone calcium.
Berries are calcium rich fruit. We can have berries for fruit salad or smoothie which helps to increase the content of calcium. 100 grams os blackberries contain 32 milligrams of calcium, 100 grams of strawberries contains 15 milligrams of calcium,100 grams of raspberry contain 22 milligrams of calcium.
Milk and Dairy products:
Milk products like cheese, curd, buttermilk all are heavy calcium content which is tasty and healthy. If you are taking diet, you will take low-fat milk products.100 grams of low-fat cheese will give 960 milligrams of calcium,120 grams of milk contains 125 milligrams of calcium. Calcium in milk is a must for babies to get proper growth.
You should take one egg in your food daily which is a good source of calcium. Boiled egg contains 50 milligrams of calcium.
Figs are low in calories, it gives 100g of fresh figs gives 74 calories which are perfect for taking diet,162mg of calcium and vitamins, minerals, assorted antioxidants too.
Ladies finger is also rich in the calcium-containing vegetable. One cup of ladies finger contains 175 milligrams of calcium. You can make it curry by combining with nonvegetarian also vegetarian foods.