12 Best Foods You Must Take For Menstrual Cramps (6 Foods Not To)
Menstruation is a periodic discharge of blood from the lining of the uterus(womb), uterine breaks down and comes out through the cervix and passes out through the vagina is called menstruation.
The Necessity of Menstruation:
- Menstruation provides chemicals during every cycle called hormones, so it is an important to process for women. Regular menstruation indicates a women’s internal important organs should function well. The uterus will prepare healthy food for the fertilized egg, it is must for the uterus to provide nutrient for the egg development if the women are pregnant otherwise, uterine lining will break the unfertilized egg into pieces and comes out clearly during menstruation. Women could feel some pain during menstruation is due to contraction of blood flow through the lining of the uterus..
- The duration of periods for women would be counted for 3 to 5 days. Average menstruation is 28 days once, it may vary depends on age 21 to 35 for adults and 21 to 45 days for women.
The variation between the periods occurred is defines irregular periods.the normal periods for the women should occur 21 to 35 days.if suppose women could feel delay of periods for 8 or 10 days or else frequent flow of periods before 21 days adequately is called irregular periods.
Causes of Irregular Periods:
If women could not have regular or periodic menstruation that indicates they having some problems with their body organs’ function and some common reasons are:
- Stress due to personal and professional workload
- Hormone changes
- Sudden weight loss
- Medications with side effects
- Improper eating of foods.
12 Best Foods To Eat During Your Period Cramps:
2. Green Vegetables:
4. Pomegranate:Pomegranate is high fiber and calcium content fruit that helps period cramps replenish the blood after menstruation and helps to balance estrogen level. When the fruit is taken directly, it gives cooling effect to the abdomen and also does blood purification.
Can we drink pomegranate juice during periods ?Pomegranate juice is likely safe for most people when taken by mouth or applied to the skin. Most people do not experience side effects. Some people can have allergic reactions to pomegranate fruit.
Allergic Symptoms: Itching, Swelling. People with active asthma should be especially careful before drinking pomegranate juice. Reactions include nausea, vomiting, hives, red itchy eyes and difficulty breathing.
Digestive Disorders: Avoid intake of oily food along with pomegranate.
Note : Yes, It's very helpful for most of the women's
Women suffered from anemia can take pomegranate juice as a daily routine to stay strong at periods.
The best way:
Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon with a little honey to a cup of pomegranate juice. It is beneficial for women after monthly loss of blood due to menstruation. It also helps in overcoming the feeling of general malaise during menopause. Pomegranate is believed to help balance the estrogen level in women. Therefore, it is advisable for women to add it to their diet as it can help combat PMS and menopausal problems.
5. Bananas:Bananas have the capacity to maintain body as hydrated also helps women from period cramps. Banana helps period cramps because the potassium content in banana reduces bloating too. It carries 20% vitamin B6, 6% magnesium, 14% vitamin C.
6. Pineapple:Pineapple contains essential benefits for women like bromelain along with vitamins, calcium, potassium which helps to maintain body water retention and food to reduces periods pain in the menstrual period also prevents from women's breast cancer, urinary infection problems(UTI).
7. Fish:Fishes like Salman, Trout, and Oysters are prescribed as very healthy foods to take during periods. These Fish also have omega 3 fatty acids help periods cramps for women.It contains vitamin B6, vitamin B12 food that helps menstrual cramps enables water retention and anti-infection during periods.
8. Walnuts and Almonds:Walnuts and almonds are the best food to help period pain it has omega 3 fatty acids which have periods pain relief property and anti-inflammatory property.
Fast Fact: Walnuts and almonds magnesium 39%, vitamin B6 12%, Iron 16% which helps you to generate energy and reduce period pains.
Have high protein rich food, fiber-rich food as limited level, fresh juice without sugar, dry fruits, whole grains if you are more diet conscious.
9. Beetroot:Beetroot is the best food that helps period cramps which contain vitamin C and folic acid, magnesium used to keep water retention also used for menopause. It restores the blood level after all time.Make it limited quantity it may increase blood pressure
Ginger is the best food to reduce period pain and digestion. Make ginger tea with spoon of lemon instead of sugar tofeel energy during periods.
Aged women(50 and 50+) may have excess periods flow can be controlled by ginger and honey. Make ginger tea with honey or have ginger pills.
12. Dark chocolate:Dark chocolate that helps to avoid period cramps and mood swings.it is high inflammatory and antioxidants. It has magnesium which boosts serotonin in the brain
6 Worst Foods To Avoid Strictly On The Time of Period:
- Fried foods like chips, junk foods, chicken(have quantified level wont affect much) which will increase estrogen level tend to increase mood swings in that time.
- Avoid taking sugar relevant products while periods.
- High-fat foods meats, burgers.
Fast Fact: If you are experiencing frequent menstruation period, have black cumin or roasted gram to reduce the flow.
- Caffeinated items like coffee, latte will give the constant increase in heart rate and blood pressure, anxiety during periods that worse the PMS symptoms.
- Foods with high salted like cheese, Bagel, pizza, sauce, olive will cause high bloating feeling tend to move on decrease water retention. Avoid period diet, take required food for you, if u keep period diet means, prepare a food chart what u eat on your period.